Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sneak Peek

My intentions for this past weekend were to spend a lot of time in my craft room preparing for our chili cookoff and our upcoming Superbowl party but a cold that I am determined not to get me down and a new baby in our family altered my plans a bit. While I did not welcome the cold, the Howard's did welcome the first baby in a long time into our family! My cousin Beth and her husband Jason had a baby girl on Saturday evening who is absolutely beautiful. I did manage to squeeze in some quaility time in my craft room to do some creative things. When we bought our house one of the requirements I had was a room that I could scrapbook in. Sadly I spend little time scrapbooking these days, but with a year of parties ahead I plan on spending a lot of time in this room. The room has some of my favorite things in it including cards friends have given me, a giraffe figure from Africa, pictures of my dog, and of course a couple of mustaches. I also love to watch horribley cheesey movies my husband would never agree to watch in my craft room. This weekend I knocked out The Notebook and Sweet Home Alabama. This room is definately my happy place.

I thought I would give a sneak peek of what I am planning for the chili cookoff. When I was thinking about the theme and decorations, a county fair and blue ribbons came to mind. So that is the theme I am playing off of. Below are some pictures of what I am using for the food. I am using a lot of metal pieces in the decorations so I have been saving cans to use to hold silverware, napkins, straws, and the votes. We also are putting together some fabulous ideas for prizes. Check back next Sunday to see how we put it all together!

1 comment:

  1. It appears you are headed in the right direction. I love the tin cans. Tomorrow's "snow day" may give you some extra time to create.

    ReplyDelete