Sunday, March 6, 2011

All in a Day's Work

I spent my Saturday afternoon in my friend Carrie's basement crafting the day away. Why can't all Saturday's be like this? We were working on Carrie's daughter Ruby's 2nd birthday party which will be Minnie Mouse themed. I wasn't planning on posting about it until after the party but what we created yesterday is just too cute not to share. We started off the afternoon with a Happy Birthday banner. Carrie really came through by obtaining the use of a Cricut for the afternoon. How have I lived this long without one? They are truly amazing and we are slightly obsessed with finding a good deal on one. With the Cricut we cut out letters for the banner. We used a circle cutter I had to cut out the Minnie Mouses' and printed off a bow to use as a stencil.



Carrie and I make a great team. I am teaching her to be more crafty and she is teaching me about how to get a good deal. I am proud to say that the cost of this banner was under $2.00. You could not find something this cute or this cheap to buy!

My new favorite product for party planning is felt. There is so much you can do with it and is fairly inexpensive at $4.99 a yard. But of course I use a coupon which puts it at about $2.99 a yard. I made a table cloth that will fit a 6 ft table for $8.50. While my sewing skills are not the best I am very pleased with how it turned out!

Other crafts that afternoon included Minnie Mouse heads on sticks that will go in glass jars, felt ears that will go on headbands and serve as party hats, and a tutu for the birthday girl. Not bad for a day's work! I can't wait to post pictures from the party!




Blog to you soon!
Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment