Monday, February 21, 2011

Tuesdays with the Chapman"s

I have really neglected my blog lately and I must say, I have missed it! My real job (you know the one that pays the bills instead of the one that doesn't pay but allows me to plan fun parties) had me on the road all last week. I spent four nights in Vegas, one night in LA, and one night in Nashville. I had a blast but it is great to be back home with the Househusband. I walked into the house after work tonight to the smell of dinner on the stove. He just got the cookbook "The Professional Chef" which is the most intense cookbook I have ever seen. http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Chef-Culinary-Institute-America/dp/0764557343/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298341811&sr=8-1 He is engrossed in trying several recipes from it this week which is just fine with me :)

Recently when I was thinking about party planning, I realized it is really all about bringing people together. You can plan the most extravagant event but if you don't have loved ones to share it with and to create fond memories, it is a waste. We have a gathering every Tuesday with our friends the Chapman's. We take turns having each other over and cooking dinner for one another. While the Househusband has been known to whip out homemade pasta, our Tuesdays are nothing fancy and very laid back. In fact, most times we are in sweatpants. The best kind of friends are the kind that you can have over when your house is a mess and you're wearing you sweats. I look forward to Tuesdays because it gives me a chance to talk and laugh with our friends. It is easy to get wrapped up in life and let months go by without seeing friends. If you take the time to make a commitment to spending time with friends, priceless relationships and memories are made. Even if they are in sweatpants.



Bryce and Carrie have a precious little girl, Ruby who is almost 2 years old. Her mom is nice enough to let me help plan the party. The theme is Minnie Mouse and the wheels have been turning for a great party!


Blog to you soon!
Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment