Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cabin Fever

I made it to the office today after being snowed in since Monday. I can't believe I am saying this but it was so good to be back in the office. The first day and 1/2 was nice but by yesterday afternoon cabin fever set in something fierce and we had to bust out of the house. Props to the Househusband for being able to work from home for five years without going insane. I didn't even last two days.

I was very productive during my time at home. One of the things I have accomplished is my invitation for my Valentine's Day Brunch. I know, I'm cheating. I am having more than one party in February but I love Valentine's Day. Mostly because of the endless possibilites when it comes to hosting a party. When we were kids, my mom would have a Valentine's breakfast for us every year. We had homemade placemats made from past valentines, strawberry shakes, and lots of chocolate goodies. I decided to continue the tradition by having my family over for a Valentine's Day Brunch. I must say, I outdid myself on the invitation. I went to Archiver's (http://www.archivers.com/) and found some great paper that I made into a pocket to slide the invitation in to. They also had coordinating paper that was thicker that I made into envelopes for the invitations. I don't want to give too much away, but I will be trying out a mini pie mold for this party :) More to come in later posts!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love your blog and I love everything you write. You are very entertaining and interesting. Having watched you grow up, it is fun to see the beautiful young lady you have become. Thanks for sharing! You have always loved parties!

    ReplyDelete