Friday, July 1, 2011

Let the parties begin!

We found out yesterday that the baby we are expecting in November is a little baby girl. Oh my goodness am I going to be hard to live with. She already is the proud owner of a red and white striped bikini and a Boston Terrier t-shirt :) And oh the parties to be planned! Tea parties, birthday parties, and all sorts of girly events!

My family was coming up to go out to dinner with us, so I put together a small gender reveal for them. Following the nursery rhyme, "What Little Girls are Made Of," I put together a box with pink sugar cookies in it. In the cookies were little signs that said what little girls are made of. "Sugar, and Spice, and Everything Nice!" The lid of the box said, "It's a Girl!'


I wrapped up the boxes with a boy, and put everyone's name on the tag. Their name was in the color of the gender they thought the baby was going to be. Dad was the only one who got it wrong!





For dinner, we went to the Fountain on Locust in St Louis http://www.fountainonlocust.com/fountainonlocust.com/Fountain_On_Locust.html

I'll be honest, I picked this place for the ice cream. Best banana split ever! My mom had a sundae made of Zanzibar Chocolate and After Dinner mint ice cream that was also to die for!

At five o'clock in the morning on a day off I am wide awake with excitement. It is still surreal to me that I get to be a precious baby girl's mom. The first thing we bought when we found out we were having a baby was a bib that read, "Star of Mommy's Blog." Come November expect this blog to be flooded with pink :)

No comments:

Post a Comment