Monday, September 5, 2011

A Foodie's Kind of Labor Day

I find myself tonight at the end of the long weekend full of great memories. I would like whine about having to get back to the real world tomorrow but instead I will put my big girl pants on and blog about the great weekend we had! We spent the majority of the weekend eating some very yummy food. Friday night started with dinner with friends who made us fish tacos and a delicious ice cream dessert with Joe Joe's. Side note: If you have not heard of Joe Joe's, do yourself a favor and get to Trader Joe's and pick up a box. Your life will never be the same.

Saturday morning the Househusband and I started our day of baby registring with breakfast at Rooster. Rooster is a breakfast/brunch restaurant in downtown St Louis that serves local and organic food. Their specialty is an extensive menu of crepes and mimosas. This was our second time there, and I can't wait to go again! I had the German sausage crepe with apples and Vermont cheese. Yummy! Find out more about the restaurant at http://www.roosterstl.com/


Our second food adventure of the weekend was to Winslow's Home on Sunday after church. Paul works on the farm that is owned by Winslow's Home but this was our first time to the restaurant. The restaurant is located on Delmar just down from the Loop. Inside the building is a general store as well as a counter to order food. They have great seating inside and outside of the restuarant. Paul ordered the brisket sandwich which really lived up to all of the hype we had heard about it. I had the peach salad and tomato basil soup which was perfect for the first Fall like day of the year! http://www.winslowshome.com/


The conclusion to our food filled weekend was this morning with a breakfast picnic with friends. The Husbands were getting together to play frisbee golf so the ladies put together a magnificent breakfast in the park. We had muffins, fresh fruit, cinnamon rolls, sausage biscuits, sausage egg casserole, and baked oatmeal. I first had baked oatmeal earlier this summer when my cousin made it. It was a real hit this morning and goes great with milk, maple syrup, and fresh fruit. The recipe can be found at http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-oatmeal-ii/detail.aspx Here are some fun pictures from our morning!




Okay, I really need to stop my whining about going back to work in the morning. It is a 3 day work week for me with Friday off to start the celebration of my baby brother's wedding! I can't wait to share photos next week!
Blog to you soon!
Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment